Simple rice cooker one-pot meal
I bet many of you working moms would love to get your family meals prepared with ease when you have a rush and tight schedule, no? Shared here is an easy and simple one-pot meal perfect for a hassle-free midweek lunch or dinner. To me this recipe is a great option for a lazy weekend instead.
The name “One Pot” which literally means everything is mixed and cooked together in one pot and served as the only dish.
This recipe was adapted from Cantonese one-pot rice dish, originally made use glutinous rice cooked in a clay pot. We simplified the recipe by using normal rice cooker instead.
For the ingredients, we retained the usual Chinese pork sausages, pork slices and dried shrimps. However, you can twist the recipe by adding some greens to it to make it a balanced diet. Chopped long beans or French beans are good options. Carrots and mushrooms are also great choices.
I didn’t have them when I prepared the meal; I substituted with slices of tomatoes and lettuce to go with the rice instead.
Our family love to have soup to go with rice. To compliment with this one pot rice, we used to prepare simple miso soup or fish balls soup to serve together.
Pork & Dried shrimps One Pot rice
Water ( 1 :1.5 water ratio)
(Much depend on the type of rice, some rice may absorb more water, rule of thumb is to use slightly less amount of water as compared normal plain rice.
I usually don’t measure in cups; I use my palm as measurement, as long as the water level slightly over my knuckles)
Pork belly, cut into small strips
Marinate Pork slices with:
Light soy sauce (to your taste)
You can use roast pork if you have it on hand.
Rice Seasoning: (to your taste)
2 cloves Garlic - peeled, chopped
1 tbsp. Light soy sauce
1 tsp. Dark soy sauce
1 tbsp. Oyster sauce
1 tbsp. Maggi chicken stock essence (optional)
5 gloves small shallots peeled and cut into thin slices.
1. Marinated the pork strips and dried shrimps and set aside for at least half an hour.
2. Wash, soak (30 minutes) and drain uncooked white rice, add one tbsp. of Maggi chicken stock essence to the rice and set aside.
3. Heat oil in wok, sauté the slices of shallots into golden brown and set aside.
4. Leave some oil in the wok and add in dried shrimps and stir fry until it starts to dance before adding pork slices and continue to stir fry for 3- 4 minutes before dish up and set-aside.
5. Add 1tbsp. oil in wok and sauté the chopped garlic until fragrant before pouring in the rice.
6. Add in water and seasoning with dark and light soy sauces and oyster sauce; continue to stir-fry to mix for 5 minutes, taste test before dish up.
7. Transfer the fried rice back to rice cooker and switch on cook button to let it cook in the rice cooker for about 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes, open up the rice cooker cover and you will see the rice is boiling, time to add in the fried pork/shrimps mixtures and pork sausages, stir to mix before closing back the cover and let the rice continue to cook until rice cooker automatically turn to "Keep Warm" mode.
9. Leave it there for another 5 to 10 minutes before dish up.
10. Garnish with sautéed shallots and serve hot.
2 杯的泰国香米 （ 四人份）
饭调料： 1汤匙。酱油 ：1茶匙。老抽酱油 ：1汤匙。蚝油，1汤匙。美极鸡精（可选）