For dinner at home, I prefer to cook simple, easy meals with least preparation as possible.
Below is an easy meal to prepare, after pop in the oven, set your timer, let it cooks in the oven while you can freshen up yourself before serving.
Oven Baked Pork Chops recipe
- 4 pork chops with/out rind
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, or 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of water
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder or finely crushed fresh garlic, or to your taste
- Pinch of ground ginger.
- 1tsp Mustard (optional)
For variation of flavour, you can opt to replace soy sauce to salt, pepper and five spice .
Wash and clean the pork chop and pat dry with paper towel.
- If pork chops with rind being used, slit the rind about 1-2cm gap to get a crispy rind when bake.
- Combine egg, soy sauce, water, ground ginger and garlic powder together in a plate.
- Dip the pork chops into the egg mixture, marinade the pork chops and leave in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on waxed paper/big plate.
- Coating the marinated pork chops with breadcrumbs evenly on each side before bake.
- Arrange coated pork chops on greased baking tray or layer with baking paper.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, turn and bake for another 20 minutes or until the chops are tender and no longer pink.