My first order!
As mentioned in my previous post no bake cheese cake, during recent Raya lunch sharing session one of my colleagues shared with me that he brought back a slice of cheesecake for his little niece and she liked it so much that she wanted it for her birthday cake. I thought it was no more than a flattering compliment.
2 weeks later, to my surprise he really approached me to ask for the same cheesecake for his niece’s birthday celebration!
So here is another version of the no bake cheese cake with lemon.
|Lemon Cheese Cake 冰冻柠檬芝士蛋糕|
I was glad that the cake turned out nicely and the six years old birthday girl and family members liked it very much. She even made me a lovely little thank you card! J
Non- bake Lemon Cheese Cake
150g crushed Oreo Chocolate cookies
70g butter, melted
250gm cream cheese softened
250ml whipping cream, whipped
105gm caster sugar
1 lemon, zest and juice (use half for the fillings)
3 tsp. gelatin powder
½ cup hot water
2 tsp gelatin powder
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp or half of the balance of lemon juice
Few drops of lemon paste/yellow-colouring
1. Follow the same steps as demonstrated in my previous No bake cheese Cake recipe.
1. Dissolved 3 tsp. gelatin powder into half cup of hot water.
2. Beat cream cheese with sugar till smooth.
3. Mix in lemon juice and gelatin and beat well.
4. Gently fold whipped cream into cheese mixture.
5. Pour into the cake pan and chill in the fridge for 3 hours before decorating with the toppings.
1. Heat gelatin powder in a small saucepan with water, sugar and lemon juice, till dissolved.
2. Remove and add in a drop of lemon yellow colour.
3. Cool slightly and gently spoon on top of the cheesecake.
4. Chill again in the fridge for 3-4 hours.