Since I resumed working, I must confess that my passion in cooking, baking and blogging took a back seat in life. If you’ve following me, you would have noticed I was more lax in updating my blog posts than before. I have to apologise for that.
From my recent posts, you would notice I worked more on baking rather than cooking right. Frankly, with a full time job, juggling work life balance can be quite demanding. I am thankful to have our Auntie Lan to come back and stay with us and continue to be our master chef to relieve my burden of day to day cooking. J Having said that, I still try my best to explore new recipes at least once a week in the weekends.
Currently, the baking I continue to do nearly every week is the homemade water roux starter (Tangzhong) bread (汤种面包 ). Last Sunday, I decided to use part of the Tangzhong dough to make Meat Floss (肉松) Mayonnaise Bun.
If you are bread lovers in Malaysia and Singapore, you would have tasted this delicious Floss Bun which was introduced by famous Singaporean chain bakery shops Bread Talk. This signature floss bun once captured many bread lovers’ attention when it was first launched in Singapore and Malaysia, and I was one of them. That time whenever I came across a Bread Talk bakery shop, I would end up buying a few floss buns for breakfast or tea break. J
|Pork Floss Mayonnaise Buns 汤种肉松面包|
|Ray with mouth full of pork floss mayonnaise bun|
MEAT FLOSS MAYONNAISE BUNS
350 gm high grade flour (bread flour )
55 gm caster sugar
5 gm salt
10 gm milk powder (optional)
6gm instant dry yeast
100-125 ml milk/water (slowly add in, stop adding if dough too gooey)
120 gm Tangzhong (refer here for making tanzhong)
30 gm butter ( softened at room temperature)
300g meat floss (chicken/ fish/ pork)
1 bowl of mayonnaise mixed with
2 tbsp. condensed milk
1 egg, lightly beaten with
1/8 tsp. salt
1. Follow the same steps of Tangzhong dough making to knead.
2. Shape Tangzhong dough into oblong shape and let it proof on greased baking tray, separate them 5cm apart from each other.
3. Cover the rolls using damp cloth for another 45-60 minutes or until dough is double in size.
4. Glaze the tops with egg wash or spray with water.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree Celsius for about 10-15 minutes until cooked and golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven leave the bread on a wire rack to cool.
7. Slit bun lengthwise, spread mayonnaise mixture inside and on top of the buns and coat generously with pork floss.
56 克全蛋液 （一粒蛋）
100-125毫升水/牛奶 (慢慢加入避免面团过湿 ）
120 克汤种 (做法参考此食谱)
1个鸡蛋，轻轻拌打 1/8 茶匙盐