Teochew Cuisine – Part 2
This is another Teochew dish our auntie used to cook for us back home in Malaysia. When I saw Ling fish steak which was also Ray's favourite fish were on special, I wouldn't miss the chance to grab them.
Furthermore, this fish was not available in Malaysia so it would be great experience for our Auntie. I'd asked auntie to cook her specialty Taucheo (bean paste) fish which we missed so much.
If you'd like to have some extra kick of hot and spicy fish, you can use Sichuan chili bean paste instead or add some chilies into the sauce.
|Taucheo(Soya Bean paste) Ling Fish 豆酱鲮鱼 - Featured in Group Recipes 1/12/2010|
TAUCHEO (SOYA BEAN PASTE) LING FISH
4 pcs Ling fish steaks
1 cm ginger (finely slice)
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp of corn flour
Oil for frying
2 stalks spring onion (cut into 2 inches length)
Bean Paste Sauce:
1 tbsp Soy bean paste (you can opt for spicy chili bean paste)
1/2 cup water
Dash of sugar
1. Wash and use paper towel to pat dry fish steaks then sprinkle some corn flour on the fish steaks.
2. Pan fry the fish steaks until golden brown on sides, dish and drain on paper towels.
3. Leave 2 tablespoons oil in the pan/wok to sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
4. Add soya bean paste and sauté for 1 minute and then add water.
5. Allow simmering until gravy thickens slightly, then add in fish steaks and cook for another 5 minutes, turning slices halfway through.
6. Taste test, if too salty dash in sugar.
7. Sprinkle in spring onions stir to mix.
8. Dish and serve hot with rice.
1 / 2杯水